'Send in the Clowns' - is there a recognised 'meaning'?
h***@gmail.com
2017-10-29 02:37:07 UTC
For years I've been changing my mind over different lines in the song. Has
anybody worked out a definite 'interpretation' of what Desiree is singing
about?
'Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours', could have so many
different meanings.
Anybody have any ideas?
David Wheeler
CALL ME
John W Kennedy
2017-10-29 16:18:26 UTC
For years I've been changing my mind over different lines in the song. Has
anybody worked out a definite 'interpretation' of what Desiree is singing
about?
'Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours', could have so many
different meanings.
Anybody have any ideas?
Well, it’s obvious that “the one” means “the door”, carrying on the
figure from the previous line.
--
John W. Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres