You can be a Christian or a Liberal, but not both.
Uncle Thomas
2012-08-17 21:42:07 UTC
Can a Christian be a liberal? Short answer: no.
And you posted this off-topic article here because?
"Re-electing Obama is like backing The Titanic up and hitting the
iceberg a second time."
alt.* newsgroups don't have "topics," moron.

---
"I VOTED!" stickers:
Idiots labeling themselves to show everyone that they're gullible idiots
Mason Barge
2012-08-18 19:26:26 UTC
Can a Christian be a liberal? Short answer: no.
And you posted this off-topic article here because?
Because the people posting in the thread have such extensive education and
deep insight into Christian theology?
Joe Derte'
2012-08-19 17:53:39 UTC
Post by Mason Barge
Can a Christian be a liberal? Short answer: no.
And you posted this off-topic article here because?
Because the people posting in the thread have such extensive education and
deep insight into Christian theology?
Atheists do. Every study ever performed has shown that atheists
understand the Christanic cult's ideologies as well as the
origins of the cult far better than cultists do; atheists know
what's in the cult's written mythologies far better than cultists do.

It can't be otherwise: atheists are allowed to actually learn what
Christianity, Islam, and other cults are actually about whereas the
cultist is not allowed to.

---
Gunner Asch
2012-08-19 19:44:56 UTC
Post by Joe Derte'
Atheists do. Every study ever performed has shown that atheists
understand the Christanic cult's ideologies as well as the
origins of the cult far better than cultists do; atheists know
what's in the cult's written mythologies far better than cultists do.
It can't be otherwise: atheists are allowed to actually learn what
Christianity, Islam, and other cults are actually about whereas the
cultist is not allowed to.
Atheism, just another faithbased belief system

Gunner

--
"I was eating breakfast with my 13-year-old granddaughter
and I asked her, "What day is the 20th of February?"

She said "It's President's Day!"
(She is a smart kid.)
I asked "What does President's Day mean?"
I was waiting for something about Washington or Lincoln .... etc.
She replied, "President's Day is when President Obama steps out
of the White House, and if he sees his shadow we have
one more year of unemployment."
You know, it hurts when hot coffee spurts out your nose..."
Black Coffee
2012-08-19 22:52:34 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
Atheists do. Every study ever performed has shown that atheists
understand the Christanic cult's ideologies as well as the
origins of the cult far better than cultists do; atheists know
what's in the cult's written mythologies far better than cultists do.
It can't be otherwise: atheists are allowed to actually learn what
Christianity, Islam, and other cults are actually about whereas the
cultist is not allowed to.
Atheism, just another faithbased belief system
You have the IQ of a Christian. No offense.

Bet you this cult savage votes Republican, with an IQ like that.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner Asch
2012-08-20 01:25:45 UTC
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
Atheists do. Every study ever performed has shown that atheists
understand the Christanic cult's ideologies as well as the
origins of the cult far better than cultists do; atheists know
what's in the cult's written mythologies far better than cultists do.
It can't be otherwise: atheists are allowed to actually learn what
Christianity, Islam, and other cults are actually about whereas the
cultist is not allowed to.
Atheism, just another faithbased belief system
You have the IQ of a Christian. No offense.
Bet you this cult savage votes Republican, with an IQ like that.
---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
So how does it feel to be spewing such hyprocrisy when your religion
...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by the Supreme Court
of the United States?

Some folks ..particularly a significant number of Atheists...are as bad
as the Muslims for religious tolerance..or lack of it.

Gunner

Angle of Insolation
2012-08-20 03:14:36 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
Atheists do. Every study ever performed has shown that atheists
understand the Christanic cult's ideologies as well as the
origins of the cult far better than cultists do; atheists know
what's in the cult's written mythologies far better than cultists do.
It can't be otherwise: atheists are allowed to actually learn what
Christianity, Islam, and other cults are actually about whereas the
cultist is not allowed to.
Atheism, just another faithbased belief system
You have the IQ of a Christian. No offense.
Bet you this cult savage votes Republican, with an IQ like that.
So how does it feel to be spewing such hyprocrisy when your religion
...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by the Supreme Court
of the United States?
LOL! Bet you this cult savage believes it, too. Got it straight out
of Rush Limbaugh's ass.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner Asch
2012-08-20 03:59:02 UTC
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
So you dont think that SCOTUS really isnt believable? Nor valid?

Odd that.

So Fud, who or what do you believe in?

As for me, Im Renzi Buddist. Do I have a god or not? Hummm?

Gunner

Oliver North
2012-08-20 04:15:43 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Where do you get this stilted, corny style of writing? Dweebs from the
middle of Michigan don't naturally write that way, and tuff-guys who
served with the 75th Rangers in Vietnam sure as fuck don't write that way.
Gunner Asch
2012-08-20 05:52:41 UTC
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Snicker..Johnny boi...no one pays any attention to you, other than as an
amusing sideshow. I find it amusing to twist your leash now and then.

Now..are you up for a bit of Kbar work or not?

Gunner

Oliver North
2012-08-20 06:03:25 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
You do, o fat greasy coronary bypass non-veteran shit-for-braincell
stolen valor lying shitbag.

Who's "johnny", greaseball?
Gunner Asch
2012-08-20 06:27:27 UTC
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
So I take it this is proof you actually are nothing more than bad genes
and an attiude wrapped in a duck fart?

Im rather disappointed in you. Really. But then..you are a
leftwinger..and as such..are mentally ill.

Sure you want to pass on the little game with the Kbars? Ill bet you
do..dontcha? Sharp things bother you a lot..dont they?

Pity about that. And I was truely hopeing you actually had gonads to go
with that bad attitude. Sadly...you apparently do not.

Sigh

Gunner

Mitchell Holman
2012-08-20 13:25:51 UTC
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:03:25 -0700, Oliver North
Post by Oliver North
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:15:43 -0700, Oliver North
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Someone hiding behind an anonymous handle
complaining about the lack of others gonads?
Gunner
2012-08-20 17:24:15 UTC
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Bitch? Bitch Holeman...is that you? Damn boy...when did you get out
of prison? I thought you were going to be there for at least another
10 yrs. Early release because of overcrowding eh?

So..I guess I have to make yet another entry in the kill file, then go
take a shower, to get the filth from chatting with you off my skin.

<plink>

Gunner
One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Mitchell Holman
2012-08-21 01:43:28 UTC
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Another immature rightwinger throwing
childish insults from behind a silly handle.
Post by Gunner
So..I guess I have to make yet another entry in the kill file, then go
take a shower, to get the filth from chatting with you off my skin.
<plink>
"Plink"?

Sheesh.............
Olrik
2012-08-21 03:58:17 UTC
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Oliver North
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Gunner
So..I guess I have to make yet another entry in the kill file, then go
take a shower, to get the filth from chatting with you off my skin.
<plink>
"Plink"?
Sheesh.............
Well, he's gay, so I'd give it a break!

;-)
Gunner
2012-08-21 04:31:11 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Oliver North
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Gunner
So..I guess I have to make yet another entry in the kill file, then go
take a shower, to get the filth from chatting with you off my skin.
<plink>
"Plink"?
Sheesh.............
Well, he's gay, so I'd give it a break!
;-)
Actually..<plink> is the sound that a little snot bugger makes when
one digs it out and flicks it at the garbage can.

<plink>

Which is why I use it on leftwingers and the mentally ill...but I
repeat myself.

- Jeff Cooper
Olrik
2012-08-21 04:36:29 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Olrik
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Oliver North
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Gunner
So..I guess I have to make yet another entry in the kill file, then go
take a shower, to get the filth from chatting with you off my skin.
<plink>
"Plink"?
Sheesh.............
Well, he's gay, so I'd give it a break!
;-)
Actually..<plink> is the sound that a little snot bugger makes when
one digs it out and flicks it at the garbage can.
Cool. But that doesn't mean you're not gay.

Try again.
Post by Gunner
<plink>
:-D

LOL!

(Oh, fuck! «rec.arts.theatre.musicals»)
Fred
2012-08-21 03:24:27 UTC
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
So how does it feel to be spewing such hyprocrisy when your
religion ...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
LOL! Bet you this cult savage believes it, too. Got it straight
out of Rush Limbaugh's ass.
Someone hiding behind an anonymous handle
complaining about the lack of others gonads?
The disturbed Christian is trying to draw attention away from the
fact that he lied about the Supreme Court designating the lack of
belief in the gods "religion." When he got called on it, he started
doubling down on his Christian lunacy.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-21 03:50:32 UTC
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
So how does it feel to be spewing such hyprocrisy when your
religion ...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
LOL! Bet you this cult savage believes it, too. Got it straight
out of Rush Limbaugh's ass.
Someone hiding behind an anonymous handle
complaining about the lack of others gonads?
The disturbed Christian is trying to draw attention away from the
fact that he lied about the Supreme Court designating the lack of
belief in the gods "religion." When he got called on it, he started
doubling down on his Christian lunacy.
Lies? Which ones are lies?

The Supreme Court has said a religion need not be based on a belief in
the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v.
Watkins, the court described “secular humanism” as a religion.

And of course..the several Federal courts have also made that same
declaration.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/03/10/atheism-is-a-religion

Atheism Is a Religion
Or at least it requires a God for you not to believe in.

Kennedy | March 10, 2012

Oh don't grovel. One thing I can't stand is people groveling. I didn't
know what fire and brimstone was until I made a throwaway claim
recently during an appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher. It seemed
pretty unaudacious at the time, but by dropping the simple sentence
"Atheism is a religion," I opened a biblical floodgate of ridicule,
name-calling, and abuse.

My Twitter feed and Facebook page became engorged with angry
adolescent phase (Libertarianism), speaks volumes about your
confirmation bias levels,” wrote Kernan. Touchstone Supertramp added;
"Damn girl you got a big forehead." A guy named Kevin and about 70
other people shared this bumper-sticker nugget: "?If atheism is a
religion, then off is a TV channel." Liz wrote, "Kennedy, is that if
atheism constitutes a religious belief than anorexia is whenever you
don't eat." Michael wrote: "re·li·gion /ri?lij?n/ Noun: 1. Whatever
Kennedy says it is." That was awesome. Beth called me a minor
celebrity and a major troll—and it was also awesome to have somebody
think I'm a celebrity.

I was called names and insulted in ways I haven't heard since the
first Clinton administration, when leading scientists still believed
the Internet was created by Al Gore in only seven days. Although I've
missed the barbs, I was surprised at the bitterness that poured from
so many disbelievers. And I remain convinced that atheism is, in fact,
a religion.

This is an explicable scientific phenomenon. Like the Buddha seeking
truth, I decided to leave the hostile waters of social networking in
search of a scientist with a fresh perspective at the intersection of
biology and the divine. Andrew Newberg is a neuroscientist at Thomas
Jefferson University whose field of study is neurotheology, the study
of the relationship between the brain and religious and spiritual
beliefs and experiences.

Newberg and his late partner Eugene D'Aquili mapped various parts of
the brain showing activation in specific areas when people were
undergoing certain religious rituals or experiences, such as a shaman
being in a trance or a Buddhist entering a mystical state. Regardless
of the religion, the brain function was the same. Something was
happening when these people experienced their version of religious
phenomena, and the scans lit up like Robert Redford's suit in The
Electric Horseman.

This does not prove God exists, but it does show humans are wired or
biologically predisposed to believe in something. When I interviewed
him for this article, Newberg said his research demonstrates that "we
are wired to have these beliefs about the world, to get at the
fundamental stuff the universe is about. For many people, it includes
God and for some it doesn't. Your brain is doing its best to
understand the world and construct beliefs to understand it, and from
an epistemological perspective there is no fundamental difference."

So, whether you make sense of the world as an atheist and don't
require the God postulate to complete your understanding, or you are a
theist and your feelings and experiences tell you something greater is
there, biologically speaking, that big blob of gray Jell-O in our
skulls is like a giant arrow pointing us in the same direction. I
believe that is delicious. And religious.

Where Newberg and I differ is whether or not you call that universal
leaning a religion when it is expressed as atheism. Newberg holds that
if by religion you mean a system centered around a belief in a
supernatural God, then atheism does not qualify. I contend that if
your system is about God—or about the non-existence of God—God is
still at the center of the argument's "aboutness." In the spirit of
that "off is a TV channel" comment above: God is the TV. Religions are
the channels. If it is off, maybe he's dead or disengaged, but at
least you admit there's a TV.

This also helps explain why the argument that libertarianism or the
devout love of hockey are also religions fails. Libertarianism is
about liberty and hockey is about mullets and pucks. Atheism, on the
other hand, is about God and proving such an overpostulated
supernatural being does not exist.

Maybe atheism is a religion, maybe not. But Madalyn Murray O'Hair
would have made an excellent pope. The problem doesn't seem to be so
much in pinning the term religion on atheism, but defining religion in
the first place. No one really wants to do this, and if they do, it's
always with heavy qualifications. If you call it this, you have to
mean that, blah blah blah. No one I spoke to, from atheist magicians
to rockstar wives to philosophy professors, really wanted to take this
cloud and pin it down in the examination tray. Even uber-atheist and
diehard libertarian Penn Jillette would not give me his own definition
of religion. Instead, he told me via email, "It's all in how you
define religion—if it's faith, then atheism isn't. If it's theism,
then atheism isn't. If it's philosophy, then atheism isn't. If it's a
club, then atheism isn't."

This is a descriptive technique that has been used to get at what God
is by saying what He isn't; it was first made popular by Maimonedes,
who I’m sure would be a fan of Penn's magic as well as his brilliant
and now defunct Showtime series, Bullshit!

You know why I love Penn? Because he added this for good measure: "The
enemy is not religion, the enemy is faith. Believing something without
proof is a fuck you to all the other people on earth." I don't agree
with it, but that last part makes me laugh. Good thing we're centering
on belief and not faith, or else I'd have to stop and go fuck myself!

When atheists rail against theists (as many did on my Facebook page),
they are using the same fervor the religious use when making their
claims against a secular society. By calling atheism a religion, I am
not trying to craft terms or apply them out of convenience. I just see
theists and atheists behaving in the same manner, approaching from
opposite ends of the runway. The entire discourse about religion stems
from those who think they know more than the other guy. But what we
really know is that we don't know much. And we seem to share the same
mechanisim in our brains that drives us to make claims of faith and
rationalism as a way of making sense of the great unknown.

You can call atheism a belief system, which Newberg guardedly does, or
you can make a stronger assertion and say that atheists and theists,
who have conveniently developed hate-tinged froth and vitriol for one
another, are quacking and waddling in the same way in different ponds.
Either way, they are ducks and atheism is a religion. At least it is
in the hands of those who are so religious about their disbelief that
they place the weight of the argument on the feathery shoulders of
their believing brothers and sisters.

Here you have the atheistic religion in a nutshell: superhuman agency,
devotion, self-selecting groups of people. Add to that the
intense—even religious—zeal with which many atheists defend their
claims. Let me tell you: The angriest ones can be as malicious as a
coven of Westboro Baptists at a veteran’s funeral. Bill Maher himself
took five minutes at the end of the next week's show to rant against
anyone who would call atheism a religion. He added that you were a
moron if you believed this (given what he’s called other ladies he
disagrees with, I’m thinking I got off pretty easy).

For a group of ultra-rationalists, the atheists sound downright
emotional. I may sound that way too: When I called some of my
Twitter/Facebook pen pals "Palins," they became particularly rankled,
accused me of circular logic, and called me a Palin, to which I say,
"I know you are, but what am I?"

No matter what I said to counter their statements or clarify my
thoughts, by and large they refused to give me a fitting definition of
religion. Nobody on my Facebook thread could tell me why it was so
problematic and offensive to categorize a system of thought adhered to
by a group of people about the nonexistence of a supernatural entity
as a religion.

Frank Zappa: Atheist or secret Muslim? I have yet to hear a cogent
response to this question: Why is it a problem if someone considers
atheism a religion? How does that hurt the atheists’ claim? It's not
saying you can't believe God does not exist. Knock yourself out! Some
of my idols are atheists—false idols, mind you, but certainly shapers
of my outlook and worldview. I do thank God for the godless.

Maybe the best treatment on Earth of the question as to whether or not
atheism is a religion came from music god Frank Zappa, founder of the
Church of American Secular Humanism (CASH). Secular humanism is
defined as reason rejecting dogma and supernaturalism, which is a
fancy way of saying it’s atheists who believe in people and not God. I
am down with reason, and although I think I have psychic powers that
allow my friends' dead parents to take over my emotions, I respect
those who don’t believe in the supernatural. It is a lot easier to
believe in fewer things than to accept a host of others on faith
alone, and humanists are intellectual minimalists. They are the Design
Within Reach to Christianity's Shabby Chic, and no one was more ready
to clean house than Frank Zappa.

CASH began with an Alabama school textbook court case, where a judge
ruled atheism was a religion that was overwhelming the school system
and that Christian families deserved equal time in the classroom.
Frank called their bluff. If secular humanism is a court-recognized
religion, he figured, then be prepared to dole out the tax-exempt
rewards along with the after-life punishments! The tenets of the faith
were laid out by the judge and Frank jumped on them with devotion. He
created CASH and incorporated it in the Yellowhammer State, ready to
convert the faithful out of their delusions and handing out T-shirts
instead of communion wafers.

Zappa's widow Gail, who has renewed vigor to restart CASH and make a
go of it in California, is simply giddy when she defines atheism as
"technically a system of disbelief.” CASH is not only a corporation
but now, thanks to the Supreme Court, officially a person as well,
and, as she puts it, "free to marry other religions' non-taxable
businesses and enjoy another level of tax freedom." This seems like
the best-case scenario. If humanism is a religion, and secular
humanists are atheists, then why not create more formal instructional
dwellings, label them churches, and lap up the tax-free nectar your
peers in Scientology, Mormonism, and Catholicism have been enjoying
for years?

As Gail Zappa summed it up to me in a poignant, thoughtful email, "I
think it is central to true freedom of expression and true democracy
that there be absolute separation of Church and State. Especially in
politics, which [Frank] said is the Entertainment Branch of
government." My Orthodox priest would probably give me a stern penance
for saying this, but I do not have a problem with church-owned
businesses paying taxes. I don't know that you have to tax every dime
that hits the collection basket, but a blanket exemption seems a
little clumsy.

Atheists should embrace their religiosity, recognize the biological
component that drives them to make sense of the world like the rest of
us, and church it up. As the Man from Galilee once put it, render unto
Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s. If you don’t
believe in God, then you don’t owe him anything. And if my Facebook
friends are any indication, you lost your sense of humor ages ago.
Which means you atheists may have nothing left to lose but your
taxable status.

Atheism, just another faith based religious belief.

Gunner
Post by Fred
---
"Fred" is my Christian name.

- Jeff Cooper
Fred
2012-08-21 15:14:09 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
So how does it feel to be spewing such hyprocrisy when your
religion ...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
LOL! Bet you this cult savage believes it, too. Got it straight
out of Rush Limbaugh's ass.
Someone hiding behind an anonymous handle
complaining about the lack of others gonads?
The disturbed Christian is trying to draw attention away from the
fact that he lied about the Supreme Court designating the lack of
belief in the gods "religion." When he got called on it, he started
doubling down on his Christian lunacy.
Lies? Which ones are lies?
The one where the cult savage claimed

Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?

Woops!

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-21 19:03:31 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
So how does it feel to be spewing such hyprocrisy when your
religion ...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
LOL! Bet you this cult savage believes it, too. Got it straight
out of Rush Limbaugh's ass.
Someone hiding behind an anonymous handle
complaining about the lack of others gonads?
The disturbed Christian is trying to draw attention away from the
fact that he lied about the Supreme Court designating the lack of
belief in the gods "religion." When he got called on it, he started
doubling down on his Christian lunacy.
Lies? Which ones are lies?
The one where the cult savage claimed
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops!
---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Tsk tsk...more lying from the Leftie. And you widdle babies snipped
out the posted stuff.

Ok...if you brats want to play that way...works for me...
I can lower myself down to your level..no problem.

<VBG>

- Jeff Cooper
Fred
2012-08-22 08:21:50 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
[...]
Yeah, how *dare* we point out Republidiot Christanics lying like that, huh?

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-22 10:52:43 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
[...]
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery? You snipped
it all out.

Its like watching a badly retarded child holding his fingers in his
elephant like ears and bubbling out..."ah cant heeeer wou!!!" as he
jerks around..foul pant load of crap dribbling out the bottom of his
shorts and down his leg.

Ayup...Fud really makes the case for keeping funding going for the
mental health sciences.

Personally..I think someone should simply take him out the back gate
of the Home and put a bullet in his mishapened skull...but he comes
pretty close to the bottom of the scale for homo sapiens...so they
arent willing to do that...yet. Sigh.
Post by Fred
---
"Fred" is my Christian name.

- Jeff Cooper
Fred
2012-08-22 16:16:15 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
[...]
Here is this rightarded Christianic's claim:

Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?

Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-22 19:27:37 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
out the posted stuff.
Yeah, how *dare* we point out Republidiot Christanics lying like that, huh?
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery?
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.
You certainly are mentally ill. This will be the 3rd time Ive posted
this

"The Supreme Court has said a religion need not be based on a belief
in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v.
Watkins, the court described “secular humanism” as a religion."

And the 4th time Ive posted this:

A federal court of appeals ruled yesterday Wisconsin prison officials
violated an inmate’s rights because they did not treat atheism as a
religion.

“Atheism is [the inmate's] religion, and the group that he wanted to
start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a
belief in a supreme being,” the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals said.

The court decided the inmate’s First Amendment rights were violated
because the prison refused to allow him to create a study group for
atheists."

Now shall I ask someone to locate you and have this burned into your
forehead with a propane fired soldering iron so you will finally read
it while popping zits?

Id be most happy to do so.

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-22 19:43:13 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery?
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.
You certainly are mentally ill. This will be the 3rd time Ive posted
this [...]
Great, we've read all that.

Now where's the evidence that Atheism has been found to be a religion by
the supreme court?
Gunner
2012-08-22 20:13:14 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery?
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.
You certainly are mentally ill. This will be the 3rd time Ive posted
this [...]
Great, we've read all that.
Your mental state of obvious confusion evidently causes your reading
comprehension to fail badly enough that perhaps you shouldnt have the
ability to drive a motor vehicle.

"Stop" may be a bit incomprehensable to you.

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-22 20:15:43 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery?
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.
You certainly are mentally ill. This will be the 3rd time Ive posted
this [...]
Great, we've read all that.
[...]
So still nothing then.

Unless again you're going to also make the claim that minors are
adults, because they've been ruled to be so in the past for the purposes
of a trial.

They're a package deal, you can't use special pleading ;-)
Gunner
2012-08-22 21:18:44 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery?
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.
You certainly are mentally ill. This will be the 3rd time Ive posted
this [...]
Great, we've read all that.
[...]
So I still present nothing then.
Sadly...thats all you can do. Nothing much.

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-22 21:26:37 UTC
I apologize, I was wrong. It doesn't say what I claimed.
Apology accepted.
Fred
2012-08-23 00:07:19 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery?
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.
You certainly are mentally ill. This will be the 3rd time Ive posted
this [...]
Great, we've read all that.
So I still present nothing then.
Sadly...thats all you can do. Nothing much.
You do realize that you've surrendered, right? You do realize that
you can not defend you claim:

Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?

Right?

So Rush Limbaugh told you idiots something, you believed it, and
when you quacked your Republidiot stupidity out in public and got
called on it, you have no choice but to surrender. I smile.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Fred
2012-08-23 00:05:13 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by Gunner
out the posted stuff.
Yeah, how *dare* we point out Republidiot Christanics lying like that, huh?
Point out what..the rebuttles to your lying buffoonery?
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?
Woops! When you get evidence for that Sarah Palin claim, get back to us.
You certainly are mentally ill.
Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by
the Supreme Court of the United States?

Woops! The Christianic rightard's claim is still a lie -- unless
the rightard can come up with the court ruling. What's the hold up?

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Oliver North
Who's "johnny", greaseball?
Fred
2012-08-21 03:21:37 UTC
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Now the fucking insane Christian thinks he's on the Supreme Court.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-21 03:42:40 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Tsk tsk tsk....Fud..you are showing signs of stress with all those
lies you keep spewing out. Why are you stressed?

Btw...Im not Christian. Im Renzi Buddhist, if you were unable to
comprehend that the first time I mentioned it in this thread.

So Fud old boi...why are you stressing so badly? Is it perhaps the
walls closing in on you? The little people in your closet saying bad
things about you? Whats up, Fud?
Post by Fred
---
"Fred" is my Christian name.

- Jeff Cooper
End Of An Error
2012-08-20 15:22:01 UTC
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
Atheists do. Every study ever performed has shown that atheists
understand the Christanic cult's ideologies as well as the
origins of the cult far better than cultists do; atheists know
what's in the cult's written mythologies far better than cultists do.
It can't be otherwise: atheists are allowed to actually learn what
Christianity, Islam, and other cults are actually about whereas the
cultist is not allowed to.
Atheism, just another faithbased belief system
You have the IQ of a Christian. No offense.
Bet you this cult savage votes Republican, with an IQ like that.
So how does it feel to be spewing such hyprocrisy when your religion
...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion by the Supreme Court
of the United States?
LOL! Bet you this cult savage believes it, too. Got it straight out
of Rush Limbaugh's ass.
Nope, got it straight from the United States Court of Appeals,
Seventh Circuit.

KAUFMAN v. McCAUGHTRY
James J. KAUFMAN, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Gary R. McCAUGHTRY, et
al., Defendants-Appellees.

No. 04-1914.

-- August 19, 2005

"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous
occasions, most recently in McCreary County, Ky. v. American
Civil Liberties Union of Ky., 545U.S. 844, 125 S.Ct. 2722, 162
L.Ed.2d 729 (2005). The Establishment Clause itself says only
that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of
religion,” but the Court understands the reference to religion
to include what it often calls “nonreligion.” In McCreary
County, it described the touchstone of Establishment Clause
analysis as “the principle that the First Amendment mandates
government neutrality between religion and religion, and between
religion and nonreligion.” Id. at *10 (internal quotations
omitted). As the Court put it in Wallace v. Jaffree, 472 U.S.
38, 105 S.Ct. 2479, 86 L.Ed.2d 29 (1985):

At one time it was thought that this right [referring to the
right to choose one's own creed] merely proscribed the
preference of one Christian sect over another, but would not
require equal respect for the conscience of the infidel, the
atheist, or the adherent of a non-Christian faith such as Islam
or Judaism. But when the underlying principle has been
examined in the crucible of litigation, the Court has
unambiguously concluded that the individual freedom of
conscience protected by the First Amendment embraces the right
to select any religious faith or none at all."

..

"The problem with the district court's analysis is that the
court failed to recognize that Kaufman was trying to start a
“religious” group, in the sense we discussed earlier. Atheism
is Kaufman's religion, and the group that he wanted to start was
religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a belief in
a supreme being. As he explained in his application, the group
wanted to study freedom of thought, religious beliefs, creeds,
dogmas, tenets, rituals, and practices, all presumably from an
atheistic perspective. It is undisputed that other religious
groups are permitted to meet at Kaufman's prison, and the
defendants have advanced no secular reason why the security
concerns they cited as a reason to deny his request for an
atheist group do not apply equally to gatherings of Christian,
Muslim, Buddhist, or Wiccan inmates. The defendants argue that
all they are doing is accommodating religious groups as a whole,
as they are required to do under RLUIPA. See Cutter, 544U.S.
709, 125 S.Ct. 2113, 161 L.Ed.2d 1020; ?Charles, 348 F.3d at 610-
11. But the defendants have not answered Kaufman's argument
that by accommodating some religious views, but not his, they
are promoting the favored ones. Because the defendants failed
even to articulate-much less support with evidence-a secular
reason why a meeting of atheist inmates would pose a greater
security risk than meetings of inmates of other faiths, their
rejection of Kaufman's request cannot survive the first part of
the Lemon test. See Lemon, 403 U.S. at 612-13, 91 S.Ct. 2105;
?Books, 235 F.3d at 301. We therefore vacate the grant of
summary judgment in the defendants' favor on Kaufman's claim
under the Establishment Clause and remand for further
proceedings."

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1467028.html

Laugh now, cocksucker.
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 15:27:44 UTC
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
The court did not, of course, declare atheism to be a faith-based
religious belief system.
Fred
2012-08-21 03:51:23 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Bet you that a lot of Christanics are passing this SC decision around
demanding among themselves that yes indeed, it *does* mean that the
lack of belief in the gods is a religion. Christian shitbags *are* that
dishonest.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-21 04:36:16 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by George Plimpton
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Actually..it appears that some atheists such as yourself are this
dishonest.

And hate filled bigots. Sadly..you demonstrate it with each post.

But then..you are a Democrat or similar
Liberal/Progressive/Socialist/Marxist and of course you are mentally
ill.
Post by Fred
---
"Fred" is my Christian name.

- Jeff Cooper
John W Kennedy
2012-08-21 16:57:24 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by George Plimpton
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
As a Christian, let me promise you that /you/, if you do not repent,
are going to burn in Hell forever.

Unless Dante's right. According to Dante, traitors /freeze/ in Hell forever.

You wouldn't know Jesus if He kicked you every step of the way from
Eastport to San Diego.
--
John W Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres
Deucalion
2012-08-20 15:49:47 UTC
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:22:01 +0200, "End Of An Error"
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Your own cite does not support your assertion. It seems pretty
apparent to me what the court was saying and it wasn't that atheism
and religion are the same.
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 15:57:30 UTC
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Exactly. It was saying that atheism is a form of belief about religion
that is entitled to first amendment protection.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 16:04:34 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Deucalion
Post by End Of An Error
Nope, got it straight from the United States Court of Appeals,
Seventh Circuit.
KAUFMAN v. McCAUGHTRY
James J. KAUFMAN, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Gary R. McCAUGHTRY, et
al., Defendants-Appellees.
No. 04-1914.
-- August 19, 2005
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment
Your own cite does not support your assertion. It seems pretty
apparent to me what the court was saying and it wasn't that atheism
and religion are the same.
Exactly. It was saying that atheism is a form of belief about religion
that is entitled to first amendment protection.
No it didn't say that at all. Why don't you just write down whatever
you like and attribute it to the courts? That's what you're doing
anyhow with your comprehension problems.
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 16:07:27 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Deucalion
Post by End Of An Error
Nope, got it straight from the United States Court of Appeals,
Seventh Circuit.
KAUFMAN v. McCAUGHTRY
James J. KAUFMAN, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Gary R. McCAUGHTRY, et
al., Defendants-Appellees.
No. 04-1914.
-- August 19, 2005
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment
Your own cite does not support your assertion. It seems pretty
apparent to me what the court was saying and it wasn't that atheism
and religion are the same.
Exactly. It was saying that atheism is a form of belief about religion
that is entitled to first amendment protection.
No it didn't say that at all.
That's exactly what it said.

You goofs who use "PGP" when posting to Usenet are hilarious.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 16:11:07 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Deucalion
Post by End Of An Error
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment
Your own cite does not support your assertion. It seems pretty
apparent to me what the court was saying and it wasn't that atheism
and religion are the same.
Exactly. It was saying that atheism is a form of belief about religion
that is entitled to first amendment protection.
No it didn't say that at all.
That's exactly what it said.
You goofs who use "PGP" when posting to Usenet are hilarious.
*for the purposes of the First Amendment*

Keep reading that bit over and over again until you understand it.

Then come back.

"This minor is considered an adult *for the purposes of this trial*"

George Plimpton: "The courts ruled that children are adults"

Hopefully you'll realize how stupid you've been shortly. But I doubt
it! He-he
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 16:22:16 UTC
the comically paranoid Mike Lovell, who uses "PGP" on his posts to
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Deucalion
Post by End Of An Error
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment
Your own cite does not support your assertion. It seems pretty
apparent to me what the court was saying and it wasn't that atheism
and religion are the same.
Exactly. It was saying that atheism is a form of belief about religion
that is entitled to first amendment protection.
No it didn't say that at all.
That's exactly what it said.
You goofs who use "PGP" when posting to Usenet are hilarious.
*for the purposes of the First Amendment*
Right: exactly what I said.
No, I never said anything like that, nor do I believe it.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 16:28:23 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Deucalion
Post by End Of An Error
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment
Your own cite does not support your assertion. It seems pretty
apparent to me what the court was saying and it wasn't that atheism
and religion are the same.
Exactly. It was saying that atheism is a form of belief about religion
that is entitled to first amendment protection.
No it didn't say that at all.
That's exactly what it said.
You goofs who use "PGP" when posting to Usenet are hilarious.
*for the purposes of the First Amendment*
Right: exactly what I said.
No that's not what you said. You said it's a form of belief that is
*entitled" to First Amendment protection.

Actually it's not a form of belief or religion - But is considered one
for the *purposes* of the First Amendment.

Therefore nobody has ruled it's a religion, anymore than they've ruled
children are adults.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult *for the purposes of this trial*"
George Plimpton: "The courts ruled that children are adults"
No, I never said anything like that, nor do I believe it.
You changed the title to "Atheism is a religion" based on that
court ruling, which never said that. So either you're using special
pleading or just generally being stupid.

You can't change the logic you apply here.

Either children are adults *and* atheism is a religion... Or not.

Choose. Because your logic makes both true.
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 16:49:38 UTC
Right on cue, the comically paranoid Mike Lovell, who uses "PGP" on his
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Deucalion
Post by End Of An Error
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment
Your own cite does not support your assertion. It seems pretty
apparent to me what the court was saying and it wasn't that atheism
and religion are the same.
Exactly. It was saying that atheism is a form of belief about religion
that is entitled to first amendment protection.
No it didn't say that at all.
That's exactly what it said.
You goofs who use "PGP" when posting to Usenet are hilarious.
*for the purposes of the First Amendment*
Right: exactly what I said.
No that's not what you said. You said it's a form of belief that is
*entitled" to First Amendment protection.
Yes. I said both.
Actually it's not a form of belief
It is.
Therefore nobody has ruled it's a religion
Correct. I didn't say anyone ruled it's a religion. I said it's a
belief concerned with religion, which is *why* the Supreme Court ruled
it to be entitled to first amendment protection, *specifically* under
the free exercise clause.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult *for the purposes of this trial*"
George Plimpton: "The courts ruled that children are adults"
No, I never said anything like that, nor do I believe it.
You changed the title to "Atheism is a religion"
I didn't change any title.
Either children are adults *and* atheism is a religion
No, that does not logically follow, o comically paranoid one.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 17:00:10 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
No that's not what you said. You said it's a form of belief that is
*entitled" to First Amendment protection.
Yes. I said both.
Well then one of them is wrong.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Actually it's not a form of belief
It is.
Great, please prove this.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Therefore nobody has ruled it's a religion
Correct. I didn't say anyone ruled it's a religion. I said it's a
belief concerned with religion, which is *why* the Supreme Court ruled
it to be entitled to first amendment protection, *specifically* under
the free exercise clause.
Which is incorrect. Please provide your evidence that it's a belief.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Either children are adults *and* atheism is a religion
No, that does not logically follow, o comically paranoid one.
"Atheism is a religion for the purposes of the First Amendment"
-> Erroneous conclusion: Atheism is a religion or belief

"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 17:04:16 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
No that's not what you said. You said it's a form of belief that is
*entitled" to First Amendment protection.
Yes. I said both.
Well then one of them is wrong.
No, they're both right.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Actually it's not a form of belief
It is.
Great, please prove this.
Ha ha ha ha ha! You think atheism might be a theory about the relative
merits of hip-hop vs bluegrass instead? HA HA HA HA HA!

You're funny, o comically paranoid mikey.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Therefore nobody has ruled it's a religion
Correct. I didn't say anyone ruled it's a religion. I said it's a
belief concerned with religion, which is *why* the Supreme Court ruled
it to be entitled to first amendment protection, *specifically* under
the free exercise clause.
Which is incorrect.
It's correct.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Either children are adults *and* atheism is a religion
No, that does not logically follow, o comically paranoid one.
"Atheism is a religion for the purposes of the First Amendment"
-> Erroneous conclusion: Atheism is a religion or belief
That's not erroneous.
"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
That would be erroneous.

Atheism is a belief concerning the existence of a deity, which is
commonly and correctly understood to be a religious belief.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 17:10:15 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
No that's not what you said. You said it's a form of belief that is
*entitled" to First Amendment protection.
Yes. I said both.
Well then one of them is wrong.
No, they're both right.
They? You said "I".
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Actually it's not a form of belief
It is.
Great, please prove this.
Ha ha ha ha ha! You think atheism might be a theory about the relative
merits of hip-hop vs bluegrass instead? HA HA HA HA HA!
You're funny, o comically paranoid mikey.
Right so you can't prove it, thank you.

Concession noted.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Correct. I didn't say anyone ruled it's a religion. I said it's a
belief concerned with religion, which is *why* the Supreme Court ruled
it to be entitled to first amendment protection, *specifically* under
the free exercise clause.
Which is incorrect.
It's correct.
Failure to prove, failure to cite. You're wrong.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
That would be erroneous.
Then please provide your special pleading as to why here:

______________________

You've given no reason whatsoever to why these thing should be treated
differently.

Yet you want to draw a "special" conclusion from one of them
Post by George Plimpton
Atheism is a belief concerning the existence of a deity, which is
commonly and correctly understood to be a religious belief.
No, it's the absence of belief in deities. Absence of belief isn't a
belief.

Not collecting stamps isn't a hobby.
John W Kennedy
2012-08-20 17:27:23 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Atheism is a belief concerning the existence of a deity, which is
commonly and correctly understood to be a religious belief.
No, it's the absence of belief in deities. Absence of belief isn't a
belief.
Not collecting stamps isn't a hobby.
So, in your mind, atheism and agnisticism are the same thing?
--
John W Kennedy
"...when you're trying to build a house of cards, the last thing you
-- Rupert Goodwins
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 17:53:23 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
No that's not what you said. You said it's a form of belief that is
*entitled" to First Amendment protection.
Yes. I said both.
Well then one of them is wrong.
No, they're both right.
They? You said "I".
Yes, they: they - both statements that I made - are correct.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Actually it's not a form of belief
It is.
Great, please prove this.
Ha ha ha ha ha! You think atheism might be a theory about the relative
merits of hip-hop vs bluegrass instead? HA HA HA HA HA!
You're funny, o comically paranoid mikey.
Right so you can't prove it
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Correct. I didn't say anyone ruled it's a religion. I said it's a
belief concerned with religion, which is *why* the Supreme Court ruled
it to be entitled to first amendment protection, *specifically* under
the free exercise clause.
Which is incorrect.
It's correct.
Failure to prove, failure to cite. You're wrong.
I'm right. Without any serious doubt or question, the Supreme Court
decision that ruled that atheism is entitled to first amendment
protection did so under the free exercise clause of the first amendment,
and the free exercise clause pertains to religious belief. No rational
observer disputes this.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
That would be erroneous.
Then please provide your special pleading
No special pleading involved.
You've given no reason whatsoever to why these thing should be treated
differently.
Because they're logically entirely different. For one thing, the
declaration that a minor child is an adult for purposes of some legal
question is not a constitutional ruling.
It is a religious belief.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 18:02:51 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Ha ha ha ha ha! You think atheism might be a theory about the relative
merits of hip-hop vs bluegrass instead? HA HA HA HA HA!
You're funny, o comically paranoid mikey.
Right so you can't prove it
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.

It's the absence of belief.

Atheism = a-(not)-theist.

You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
It's correct.
Failure to prove, failure to cite. You're wrong.
I'm right. Without any serious doubt or question, the Supreme Court
decision that ruled that atheism is entitled to first amendment
protection did so under the free exercise clause of the first amendment,
and the free exercise clause pertains to religious belief. No rational
observer disputes this.
For the purposes of the First Amendment and only this. Yep.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
That would be erroneous.
Then please provide your special pleading
No special pleading involved.
Err yes there is. You've said one is erroneous and the other is not.

They are exactly the same premise.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
You've given no reason whatsoever to why these thing should be treated
differently.
Because they're logically entirely different. For one thing, the
declaration that a minor child is an adult for purposes of some legal
question is not a constitutional ruling.
The Constitution cannot redefine non-legal terms.

If they ruled for all instances of "x" minors were considered adults
you'd then take that to mean children are now adults I take it? ;-)
You haven't proved this. You're wrong, you're a liar.
George Plimpton
2012-08-20 18:54:59 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Ha ha ha ha ha! You think atheism might be a theory about the relative
merits of hip-hop vs bluegrass instead? HA HA HA HA HA!
You're funny, o comically paranoid mikey.
Right so you can't prove it
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
No, it is *not* the absence of belief - it *is* itself a belief.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
It's correct.
Failure to prove, failure to cite. You're wrong.
I'm right. Without any serious doubt or question, the Supreme Court
decision that ruled that atheism is entitled to first amendment
protection did so under the free exercise clause of the first amendment,
and the free exercise clause pertains to religious belief. No rational
observer disputes this.
For the purposes of the First Amendment and only this.
No, it is a religious belief, /tout court/.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
That would be erroneous.
Then please provide your special pleading
No special pleading involved.
Err yes there is.
There isn't.
They are exactly the same premise.
No, they are not.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
You've given no reason whatsoever to why these thing should be treated
differently.
Because they're logically entirely different. For one thing, the
declaration that a minor child is an adult for purposes of some legal
question is not a constitutional ruling.
The Constitution cannot redefine non-legal terms.
The Constitution is about law.
I have.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 19:01:15 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
No, it is *not* the absence of belief - it *is* itself a belief.
Like not playing chess is a game, not collecting stamps is a hobby and
bald is a hair color - Sure.

If that's the way you think, great!
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
For the purposes of the First Amendment and only this.
No, it is a religious belief, /tout court/.
For the purposes of the First Amendment only.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
That would be erroneous.
Then please provide your special pleading
No special pleading involved.
Err yes there is.
There isn't.
Explain the logic that leads you to dismiss one and not the other then.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
They are exactly the same premise.
No, they are not.
Demonstrate why.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
You've given no reason whatsoever to why these thing should be treated
differently.
Because they're logically entirely different. For one thing, the
declaration that a minor child is an adult for purposes of some legal
question is not a constitutional ruling.
The Constitution cannot redefine non-legal terms.
The Constitution is about law.
Right, so it cannot redefine non-legal terms.

Even if they were to specifically rule that atheism was a religion in
all circumstances (which they didn't) it would not make it so.
Post by George Plimpton
Lie compounded by a lie. I asked you to, you just avoided it.
George Plimpton
2012-08-23 02:36:18 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
For the purposes of the First Amendment and only this.
No, it is a religious belief, /tout court/.
For the purposes of the First Amendment only.
No. It is a religious belief, period. This is not in rational dispute.
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
"This minor is considered an adult for the purposes of this trial"
-> Erroneous conclusion: The child in an adult
That would be erroneous.
Then please provide your special pleading
No special pleading involved.
Err yes there is.
There isn't.
Explain the logic that leads you to dismiss one and not the other then.
They are logically unrelated and dissimilar.
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
They are exactly the same premise.
No, they are not.
Demonstrate why.
Show that they are <chortle>. You lose, bitch.
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
You've given no reason whatsoever to why these thing should be treated
differently.
Because they're logically entirely different. For one thing, the
declaration that a minor child is an adult for purposes of some legal
question is not a constitutional ruling.
The Constitution cannot redefine non-legal terms.
The Constitution is about law.
Right, so it cannot redefine non-legal terms.
non sequitur.
Post by Mike Lovell
Even if they were to specifically rule that atheism was a religion
Straw man.
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Not a lie. Without any doubt, atheism is a religious belief.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-23 02:41:30 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
No, it is a religious belief, /tout court/.
For the purposes of the First Amendment only.
No. It is a religious belief, period. This is not in rational dispute.
Then minors are adults.

Period.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Explain the logic that leads you to dismiss one and not the other then.
They are logically unrelated and dissimilar.
They are treating 'x' as 'y' for the purposes of 'z'.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Demonstrate why.
Show that they are <chortle>. You lose, bitch.
I did.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
The Constitution is about law.
Right, so it cannot redefine non-legal terms.
non sequitur.
No, of course not, idiocy.
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Even if they were to specifically rule that atheism was a religion
Straw man.
I said "if". That's now a straw man.
Then minors are adults.
Gunner
2012-08-20 19:07:41 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
Atheism = a-(not)-theist.
You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.

The only truely honest person in religious discussion is an agnostic.

Hence..you are as big a fraud as those religious bleevers.

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 19:18:16 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
Atheism = a-(not)-theist.
You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
Absolutely correct. Agnosticism is about knowledge, not belief. You
must be either an atheist or theist. There are no other options on
belief (either you believe or you do not).

Agnostic = I don't *know* God exists or not.
Theist = I *believe* in God(s)
Atheist = I don't *believe* in God(s).

Agnostic-Atheist = I don't *know* God doesn't exist, but I don't *believe*
God exists

Agnostic-Theist = I don't *know* God exists, but I *believe* God exists

Anything else you'd like clarified for you?

Only an idiot things agnosticism is a middle point between atheism and
theism! Or that it's even on the same scale as theism/atheism.
John W Kennedy
2012-08-20 19:33:30 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
Atheism = a-(not)-theist.
You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
Absolutely correct. Agnosticism is about knowledge, not belief. You
must be either an atheist or theist. There are no other options on
belief (either you believe or you do not).
Agnostic = I don't *know* God exists or not.
Theist = I *believe* in God(s)
Atheist = I don't *believe* in God(s).
Agnostic-Atheist = I don't *know* God doesn't exist, but I don't *believe*
God exists
Agnostic-Theist = I don't *know* God exists, but I *believe* God exists
Anything else you'd like clarified for you?
Only an idiot things agnosticism is a middle point between atheism and
theism! Or that it's even on the same scale as theism/atheism.
Unfortunately, "agnostic" has been messed with. It originally meant
someone who affirmatively believes that the issue of the existence of
God /cannot/ be resolved, but it has been softened to mean someone who,
for whatever reason, hasn't made a choice.
--
John W Kennedy
Read the remains of Shakespeare's lost play, now annotated!
http://www.SKenSoftware.com/Double%20Falshood
Gunner
2012-08-20 20:47:55 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
Absolutely correct. Agnosticism is about knowledge, not belief. You
must be either an atheist or theist. There are no other options on
belief (either you believe or you do not).
Agnostic = I don't *know* God exists or not.
Theist = I *believe* in God(s)
Atheist = I don't *believe* in God(s).
Agnostic-Atheist = I don't *know* God doesn't exist, but I don't *believe*
God exists
Agnostic-Theist = I don't *know* God exists, but I *believe* God exists
Anything else you'd like clarified for you?
Only an idiot things agnosticism is a middle point between atheism and
theism! Or that it's even on the same scale as theism/atheism.
Only a very confused person..or a very stupid one would actually put
that buffoonish and rather inane pair of sentences on a public forum.

Im voting you are actually simply stupid.

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
Sorry if reality offends you.
Gunner

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 21:27:44 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
[...]
Offends me? Son..it Amuses me. [...]
Okay sorry if reality amuses you.
Gunner

- Jeff Cooper
Olrik
2012-08-21 04:10:26 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
Atheism = a-(not)-theist.
You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
Are you an idiot? What you just wrote is a complete non sequitur.

You could have written :

Mike: «You are an atheist if you're not a theist.»

Gunner: «absolutely incorrect. You may be left-handed.»

-> What you *believe* has nothing to with what you *know*.

Now please FOAD. Many thanks!
Fred
2012-08-21 15:23:35 UTC
Post by Olrik
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
Atheism = a-(not)-theist.
You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
Are you an idiot? What you just wrote is a complete non sequitur.
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: All these theist loons are idiots, yes.
"Fred" is my Christian name.
George Plimpton
2012-08-23 02:37:32 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
Atheism = a-(not)-theist.
You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
The only truely honest person in religious discussion is an agnostic.
Wrong. That's actually the only fundamentally *dishonest* person in a
religious discussion. No one is an agnostic. It's impossible to be one.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-23 02:42:32 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Gunner
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
The only truely honest person in religious discussion is an agnostic.
Wrong. That's actually the only fundamentally *dishonest* person in a
religious discussion. No one is an agnostic. It's impossible to be one.
I am. I'm an agnostic-atheist.

I don't *know* God doesn't exist, but I don't *believe* in God.

In fact pretty much *everyone* is an atheist, nobody knows if God exists
or not for certain.
George Plimpton
You're not agnostic. No one is. You can't be.
Mike Lovell
2012-08-23 03:24:16 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
Wrong. That's actually the only fundamentally *dishonest* person in a
religious discussion. No one is an agnostic. It's impossible to be one.
I am. I'm an agnostic-atheist.
You're not agnostic. No one is. You can't be.
Yes I am, most people are, you can be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
"Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain
claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any
deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown and
(so far as can be judged) unknowable."

Yep, that's a view I hold.

John W Kennedy
2012-08-23 02:50:45 UTC
Post by George Plimpton
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by George Plimpton
What's to prove? Atheism is a belief as to - that is about - the
existence of a deity or deities. As such, it is a religious belief.
This is not in serious or rational dispute.
That's not proof, that's reasserting your statement.
It's the absence of belief.
Atheism = a-(not)-theist.
You are an atheist if you're not a theist.
absolutely incorrect. You may be an agnostic.
The only truely honest person in religious discussion is an agnostic.
Wrong. That's actually the only fundamentally *dishonest* person in a
religious discussion. No one is an agnostic. It's impossible to be one.
You need to read "The Pilgrim's Regress". It is not only possible, it
is a /duty/ to suspend judgement until one is able to judge. There are
enough people pretending to be believers (and pretending to be
atheists, too) without adding more to them.
--
John W Kennedy
"Information is light. Information, in itself, about anything, is light."
-- Tom Stoppard. "Night and Day"
Fred
2012-08-21 03:53:04 UTC
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
No, the liar's claim is:

...Atheism, has indeed been found to be a religion
by the Supreme Court of the United States?

faithfully reproduced above. The Christian opened his Republican
yipper and spewed *another* lie for Jesus.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-21 04:37:29 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Ayup...Fud once again trys to divert and frankly lies.

But then..he is mentally ill.
Post by Gunner Asch
---
"Fred" is my Christian name.

- Jeff Cooper
John W Kennedy
2012-08-21 16:59:59 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
Just a warning to you, too. If Dante has the layout of Hell right, you
and "Gunner" are going to spend all eternity up to your necks in ice,
trying to bite each other's faces off.
--
John W Kennedy
"Compact is becoming contract,
-- Charles Williams. "Bors to Elayne: On the King's Coins"
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 15:51:25 UTC
[...] *for purposes of the First Amendment* [...]
Read for comprehension ;-)

Like in minor being charged as an adult...

"You are an adult *for the purposes* of this trial"

It doesn't magically age you.

Atheism is not a religion. It's considered a religion
*for the purposes of* the First Amendment:

a) To protect atheists from religions/the religious under law

b) The original authors of the First Amendment lived in a time where
irreligion was rare to the point of being almost unheard of.

You're not the first idiot to bring it up and not understand it. But
you are the latest in the string of idiots to get slapped down on it.

Have a nice day!
Gunner
2012-08-20 17:38:56 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Atheism is not a religion. It's considered a religion
Sure its a religion. You fanatics get into everyones faces constantly
with your creed.

Like..say..a pair of Mormon kids from the wrong side of the tracks, on
bicycles..on meth.

Atheism, just another faith based religious belief.

You can neither prove there is or is not god(s), yet you have the
unwavering belief you know the truth.

Hummm...can you drive a truck? I know a muslim who is looking for
truck drivers................

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 17:46:00 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Atheism is not a religion. It's considered a religion
Sure its a religion. You fanatics get into everyones faces constantly
with your creed.
[...]
"Get into everyones faces" isn't a criteria for religion.

Is winning a sporting contest a "religion" too? LOL

Sorry are we getting in people faces by posting in alt.atheism whilst
the newsgroup is trolled by dozens of theists? If you don't like to
hear about atheism don't post in alt.atheism idiot!
Post by Gunner
[...]
Atheism, just another faith based religious belief.
Prove it.
Post by Gunner
You can neither prove there is or is not god(s), yet you have the
unwavering belief you know the truth.
That's why I don't believe there is no God ;-)
Post by Gunner
[...]
I don't believe in God.

Absence of belief, absence of faith, absence of religion.
Gunner
2012-08-20 19:05:55 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Atheism is not a religion. It's considered a religion
Sure its a religion. You fanatics get into everyones faces constantly
with your creed.
[...]
"Get into everyones faces" isn't a criteria for religion.
Is winning a sporting contest a "religion" too? LOL
To some people..indeed it is.
Sorry are we getting in people faces by posting in alt.atheism whilst
the newsgroup is trolled by dozens of theists? If you don't like to
hear about atheism don't post in alt.atheism idiot!
Post by Gunner
[...]
Atheism, just another faith based religious belief.
Prove it.
See below.
Post by Gunner
You can neither prove there is or is not god(s), yet you have the
unwavering belief you know the truth.
That's why I don't believe there is no God ;-)
But the proof there is no god(s) is where?
Post by Gunner
[...]
I don't believe in God.
Absence of belief, absence of faith, absence of religion.
But you believe there is no god(s), you have absolute faith in it..and
its become a religion to you. And you are here spreading your gospel.

And you have no proof whatsoever, that there is or is not any god(s)

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 19:14:48 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Atheism is not a religion. It's considered a religion
Sure its a religion. You fanatics get into everyones faces constantly
with your creed.
[...]
"Get into everyones faces" isn't a criteria for religion.
Is winning a sporting contest a "religion" too? LOL
To some people..indeed it is.
It doesn't work like that. It either is or it isn't.
It's called reality my friend.

If atheism is a religion then winning in a sporting contest is.

Watching TV is
Riding a bike is

*always*.
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
[...]
Atheism, just another faith based religious belief.
Prove it.
See below.
There's no proof there BTW.
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
You can neither prove there is or is not god(s), yet you have the
unwavering belief you know the truth.
That's why I don't believe there is no God ;-)
But the proof there is no god(s) is where?
Where did I say there was no God(s)??

I said I *don't* believe there is no God right above! I also don't
believe there is a God.
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
[...]
I don't believe in God.
Absence of belief, absence of faith, absence of religion.
But you believe there is no god(s), [...]
No I don't. Where did I say this?
Post by Gunner
[...]
I snipped your conclusion based on me saying there is no God or even
believed such. Something I never said.

Try again based on what I *did* say.
Gunner
2012-08-20 20:46:06 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
See below.
There's no proof there BTW.
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
You can neither prove there is or is not god(s), yet you have the
unwavering belief you know the truth.
That's why I don't believe there is no God ;-)
But the proof there is no god(s) is where?
Where did I say there was no God(s)??
I said I *don't* believe there is no God right above! I also don't
believe there is a God.
Your hyprocrisy..or utter confusion is noted with some sadness.

You have 3 choices: Seriously.

Theism: Belief in god(s)
Agnosticism: Not sure if there are god(s) or not
Athism: Belief there are no god(s)

Now the theist generally holds their belief to be true, yet doesnt try
to convert others to it. Some exceptions for missionaries,
pasters/shamen/priests etc...who do it from a reasonable, loving
position and manner.

I dont recall ANYONE trying to push Agnostism,

The atheist generally holds their belief ti be true, yet almost
univerally condems others for having beliefs other than that of
atheism.
They remind me of Muslim Fundimentalists to a large degree as they use
hate, spew, threats, insults and radical methods to try to force their
bleeves on anyone not a atheist.

So indeed..you do have a very nasty fundimentalist religion (as stated
so by US courts) and will go to nearly any length to try to force it
on others who do not share your religion with you.

If you were an honest man..you would state that clearly you are either
confused, stupid OR an agnostic. But...sadly..you are not honest and
its obvious that you are rather stupid. Shrug.

Now was there any other spew you wished to vomit out?

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 20:56:04 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Where did I say there was no God(s)??
I said I *don't* believe there is no God right above! I also don't
believe there is a God.
Your hyprocrisy..or utter confusion is noted with some sadness.
You have 3 choices: Seriously.
Theism: Belief in god(s)
Agnosticism: Not sure if there are god(s) or not
Athism: Belief there are no god(s)
Atheism is lack of belief in Gods. And agnosticism is not an option on
that scale. If it is, please explain these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
Post by Gunner
[...]
Deal with the above under your 3 choice rules, then we can move on. You
really think agnosticism is the middle road - Hilarious!

He-he ... Whoops, did you just put your foot in your own mouth? <grin>
Gunner
2012-08-20 21:18:14 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Where did I say there was no God(s)??
I said I *don't* believe there is no God right above! I also don't
believe there is a God.
Your hyprocrisy..or utter confusion is noted with some sadness.
You have 3 choices: Seriously.
Theism: Belief in god(s)
Agnosticism: Not sure if there are god(s) or not
Athism: Belief there are no god(s)
Atheism is lack of belief in Gods. And agnosticism is not an option on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
Post by Gunner
[...]
Deal with the above under your 3 choice rules, then we can move on. You
really think agnosticism is the middle road - Hilarious!
He-he ... Whoops, did you just put your foot in your own mouth? <grin>
No..actually..you did. You picked a particular type of agnostic

"Agnostic theism is the philosophical view that encompasses both
theism and agnosticism. An agnostic theist believes in the existence
of at least one deity, but regards the truth or falsehood of this
proposition as unknown or inherently unknowable.[1] The agnostic
theist may also or alternatively be agnostic regarding the properties
of the God(s) they believe in."

Which I didnt include in my commentary.

As you may notice...it mentions regular agnostics as well as theists.

Is this the best you can do? Im aware that your type of individual is
much like the Islamic Fundy..or the Far Leftwing Extremist Fringe
Kook..attempting to find tiny holes in the wallboard and claim they
are the Grand Canyon..and in both cases...use high explosives to blow
holes in an otherwise innocent wall in an insane attempt to make your
(failed) case.

Its interesting you ignored the actual label itself,...isnt it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic

"Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain
claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any
deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown
and (so far as can be judged) unknowable.[1][2][3] Agnosticism can be
defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a
skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a
stance about the difference between belief and knowledge, rather than
about any specific claim or belief. In the popular sense, an agnostic
is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a
deity or deities, whereas a theist and an atheist believe and
disbelieve, respectively.[2] In the strict sense, however, agnosticism
is the view that humanity does not currently possess the requisite
knowledge and/or reason to provide sufficient rational grounds to
justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist."

So son...how does that dirty foot of yours taste? I hope you didnt
step in dog shit before inserting it in your face.

Atheism, just a faith based religious belief.

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-20 21:27:15 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Where did I say there was no God(s)??
I said I *don't* believe there is no God right above! I also don't
believe there is a God.
Your hyprocrisy..or utter confusion is noted with some sadness.
You have 3 choices: Seriously.
Theism: Belief in god(s)
Agnosticism: Not sure if there are god(s) or not
Athism: Belief there are no god(s)
Atheism is lack of belief in Gods. And agnosticism is not an option on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
Post by Gunner
[...]
Deal with the above under your 3 choice rules, then we can move on. You
really think agnosticism is the middle road - Hilarious!
He-he ... Whoops, did you just put your foot in your own mouth? <grin>
No..actually..you did. You picked a particular type of agnostic
[...]
Showing that agnosticism isn't a choice on your 3 in the list.

There you go, problem solved.
Post by Gunner
[...]
I already know what agnosticism is. You're the one struggling with it.
Post by Gunner
Which I didnt include in my commentary.
You commentary giving the 3 choices was clearly wrong.
Post by Gunner
[...]
"Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain
claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any
deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown
[...]
Thanks for conforming exactly what I said.

It's about knowledge, *not* belief.

Atheism/theist is about belief or lack of belief.
Post by Gunner
So son...how does that dirty foot of yours taste? I hope you didnt
step in dog shit before inserting it in your face.
I don't know, you tell me. Thinking agnosticism is a half-way point and
on the same scale of atheism/theism.

That was pretty stupid.

Almost as stupid as citing a source that agreed with me! :-) He-he
Post by Gunner
Atheism, just a faith based religious belief.
Atheism = I do not believe in God

No faith, no belief, no religion.

Simple (rather like you).
Gunner
2012-08-21 00:49:56 UTC
Post by Gunner
Which I didnt include in my commentary.
You commentary giving the 3 choices was clearly wrong.
[...]
Post by Gunner
So son...how does that dirty foot of yours taste? I hope you didnt
step in dog shit before inserting it in your face.
I don't know, you tell me. Thinking agnosticism is a half-way point and
on the same scale of atheism/theism.
That was pretty stupid.
Almost as stupid as citing a source that agreed with me! :-) He-he
Almost as stupid as claiming a cite agreed with you when it was 180
degrees out from your claim.

You really are a dumbshit.

And snipping out the links..typical leftwing attempt to cover your
ass..and an utter failure as usual

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-21 01:12:20 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
I don't know, you tell me. Thinking agnosticism is a half-way point and
on the same scale of atheism/theism.
That was pretty stupid.
Almost as stupid as citing a source that agreed with me! :-) He-he
Almost as stupid as claiming a cite agreed with you when it was 180
degrees out from your claim.
[...]
Okay then, what did I say and what did the link say about agnosticism?

Me and the link are in total agreement.

I said agnosticism was about knowledge not belief. And it's not on the
same scale as theism/atheism.

You said it was, and some kind of 3rd choice between the two.

Obviously it's not, your own cites say it's not. If it was it would
make agnostic-theism and agnostic-atheism impossible.

Because you put them on the same scale idiot! :-)
[...]
I'm not left-wing thanks.
Oliver North
2012-08-20 17:55:04 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Atheism is not a religion. It's considered a religion
Sure its a religion.
It's not a religion; it's a religious belief.
John W Kennedy
2012-08-20 19:30:36 UTC
Post by Oliver North
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Atheism is not a religion. It's considered a religion
Sure its a religion.
It's not a religion; it's a religious belief.
A sensible distinction that should have been made about 20 posts ago.

For some people, though, atheism /is/, for all practical purposes, a
religion, such as certain "Star Trek" writers and others who think that
there is no god, but that Evolution is possessed of a Will and
Intentions, and must be obeyed.
--
John W Kennedy
"Those in the seat of power oft forget their failings and seek only the
-- Kazuo Koike. "Lone Wolf and Cub: Thirteen Strings" (tr. Dana Lewis)
Gunner
2012-08-20 17:35:34 UTC
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Black Coffee
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by Joe Derte'
[...]
He really should behave himself better. His invisible non-god might
punish him if he doesnt straighten up.

- Jeff Cooper
Fred
2012-08-21 03:50:14 UTC
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
LOL! Bet you this cult savage believes it, too. Got it straight out
of Rush Limbaugh's ass.
Nope, got it straight from the United States Court of Appeals,
Seventh Circuit.
KAUFMAN v. McCAUGHTRY
James J. KAUFMAN, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Gary R. McCAUGHTRY, et
al., Defendants-Appellees.
No. 04-1914.
-- August 19, 2005
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous
occasions, most recently in McCreary County
So when the shitbag was brow beat to cough up evidence, what does he
do? Posts evidence that yes, he is a fucking liar. The SC did not
rule that atheism is a religion, you fucking, shit brained liar.

---
"Fred" is my Christian name.
Gunner
2012-08-21 04:34:34 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by End Of An Error
Post by Angle of Insolation
[...]

LAW OF THE LAND
Court rules atheism a religion
Decides 1st Amendment protects prison inmate's right to start study
group
Published: 08/20/2005 at 1:00 AM

A federal court of appeals ruled yesterday Wisconsin prison officials
violated an inmate’s rights because they did not treat atheism as a
religion.

“Atheism is [the inmate's] religion, and the group that he wanted to
start was religious in nature even though it expressly rejects a
belief in a supreme being,” the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals said.

The court decided the inmate’s First Amendment rights were violated
because the prison refused to allow him to create a study group for
atheists.

Want more Fud??

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-21 04:43:31 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
Post by End Of An Error
Nope, got it straight from the United States Court of Appeals,
Seventh Circuit.
KAUFMAN v. McCAUGHTRY
James J. KAUFMAN, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Gary R. McCAUGHTRY, et
al., Defendants-Appellees.
No. 04-1914.
-- August 19, 2005
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a
“religion” for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous
occasions, most recently in McCreary County
So when the shitbag was brow beat to cough up evidence, what does he
do? Posts evidence that yes, he is a fucking liar. The SC did not
rule that atheism is a religion, you fucking, shit brained liar.
Decides 1st Amendment protects prison inmate's right to start study
group [...]
For the purpose of the First Amendment!

If...

Atheism is a religion for the purpose of the First Amendment
= Atheism is a religion (full stop!)

... Then ...

A minor is a adult for the purposes of the trial
= Minors are adults (full stop!)

Your ridiculous logic leads to ridiculous conclusions. Like the one you
reached!
Gunner
2012-08-21 07:47:38 UTC
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Post by Fred
So when the shitbag was brow beat to cough up evidence, what does he
do? Posts evidence that yes, he is a fucking liar. The SC did not
rule that atheism is a religion, you fucking, shit brained liar.
Decides 1st Amendment protects prison inmate's right to start study
group [...]
For the purpose of the First Amendment!
If...
Atheism is a religion for the purpose of the First Amendment
= Atheism is a religion (full stop!)
Dont like it? Take it up with the US courts.

Laughlaughlaugh!!!

- Jeff Cooper
Mike Lovell
2012-08-21 16:40:22 UTC
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
For the purpose of the First Amendment!
If...
Atheism is a religion for the purpose of the First Amendment
= Atheism is a religion (full stop!)
Dont like it? Take it up with the US courts
That all children are adults?

Yer we better get on that. Lets hope you haven't misunderstood the
rulings and that children aren't actually adults.

You can't have it both ways.
Post by Gunner
Laughlaughlaugh!!!
Way to make yourself look stupid, again! :-)
Gunner

- Jeff Cooper
pyotr filipivich
2012-08-22 00:41:08 UTC
Gunner <Gunner Asch> on Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:16:42 -0700 typed in
Post by Gunner
Post by Mike Lovell
Post by Gunner
Laughlaughlaugh!!!
Way to make yourself look stupid, again! :-)
Hey..you were the one trolling for children to play with. Is it true
that you really are a Nambla member as others have emailed me?
Gunner, you really shouldn't take everything (anything!) Harry
Reid says at face value.

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.
Max Boot
No, it isn't.
Frank
2012-08-18 21:30:46 UTC
I always thought he was Jewish ;)
And you posted this off-topic article here because?
--
"Re-electing Obama is like backing The Titanic up and hitting the
iceberg a second time."
I just changed the title adding to the silliness. Coming through
misc.survivalism, the topic was never on topic ;)